Sel, 'I Wore Sports Bras To Play Beezus'


Sel, 'I Wore Sports Bras To Play Beezus'

Selena Gomez NY Daily News interview. Can you relate to Beezus: I think every teenage girl understands what Beezus is going through. She is very responsible and I admire that. When I was younger I always wanted to please my parents.

I wanted to come home with an amazing drawing or painting or something and say, 'Are you proud of me?' This family is very similar to my family. The kids want to impress the parents and the parents are going to say they love what their kids create even if it's the ugliest thing.

How did you impress your parents? Whenever I watched a concert on television, I always said I wanted people to stand and clap for me. Then I would write songs and perform them for my parents. The lyrics were terrible, stuff about the sky and hearts and love. But every time, my family would stand up and applaud.

Was it hard to play a 15-year-old? I had to adjust my look. I wore sports bras for a flatter look. I also had to be really uncomfortable in my skin, which is actually hard for me to do. There were times when the director would remind me to..

..act less comfortable. The kiss scene was particularly awkward. I mean, don't you remember, being 15 and having a girl crush? It's humiliating, embarrassing and terrible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment