Taylor Momsen, 'My Family Is Supportive'


Taylor Momsen, 'My Family Is Supportive'
Taylor Momsen interview with The Frisky. You’re not afraid to sing about sex & drugs: 'Lyrically, I think, at least for me, the hardest part about writing is writing honestly and I think that’s the most important thing, to make an honest record. It really takes a lot of looking at yourself and it’s not the easiest thing to do, but to say something true, you have to be honest with yourself. Musically, my family is
really supportive. I have a great family for that. They know not to read to much into it and just take it for what it is. They know I need creative freedom, because if your music has fear behind it, it isn’t going to be as good as it could. But press..
..wise, I think a lot of what I say gets misconstrued. It’s not what I mean when it comes out of my mouth and it gets spun in some way that’s so negative. Luckily, the people around me know how the industry works and that things get spun and that it happens to everyone.' Focus on acting or singing?
Music is my passion and it always has been. It’s the thing I couldn’t live without. I’ve done it for so long, I’ve been working on my music and writing for as long as I’ve been acting, if not longer, even if it’s newer to the public and something different for people to see me do. Music is something I could never give up, and it’s definitely my focus right now with the album and touring. But to say I’d never act again? That’s too brash of a statement for me.
How did Madonna contact you about Material Girl? They called my management and personally asked if I’d be the first face of Material Girl. I was honored. It’s not every day that Madonna calls you. I didn’t believe it at first. My manager was like, 'Madonna just called and she’s personally asking if you’ll be the first person..
..to represent her line.' I was like, 'Shut up. No way.' I was absolutely ecstatic. She was such a pleasure to work with, and Lourdes as well. Both of them are just so talented, and I had such a great experience. Your ideal 18th birthday?
I used to have birthday parties when I was younger, but I don’t really want a big party. I want something chill. Honestly, I hope we’ll be on the road touring. I hope I’ll be in some random city, trying to find something to do after a show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment